Girl Scouts


Create Demand,
Close the Deal,
Results not Reasons.




What I learned from Girl Scouts:

Girl Scouts Sell Cookies.

Whether it's Cookies at my front door or wrapping paper for Christmas
I have always been a sucker for the Girl Scout Cookie pitch, with an important caveat. I always insist they give a real pitch, face to face.
A donation, without a compelling pitch, is never an option I give them.

Business can learn a lot from the Girl Scout pitch - it's Sales 101.
  • Create Demand
  • Close the Deal
  • Results not Reasons
Whoever sells the most cookies gets the glory.

Measurable Results.

Consultants come up with all kinds of fancy theories on how to sell.

The Girl Scouts have got it all figured out.

Create Demand - Close the Deal - Results not Reasons

That's what I learned from the Girl Scouts.

No comments: